CLEAT understands that many agencies have limited training opportunities, yet officers are still required to meet the in-service training requirements mandated by TCOLE. In order to better serve our members’ training needs, CLEAT is proud to partner with PoliceOne Academy and CorrectionsOne Academy.
To request access to online training, members will need to log into their CLEAT member account via the“myCLEAT” Member Portal. If we do not have a valid e-mail address on file for you, we will need that to activate your myCLEAT member profile. CLEAT prefers that members use a personal e-mail address for their member account to avoid open records issues related to using governmental e-mail addresses.
If you are a member, you already have a myCLEAT account. If you aren't able to log in, this may be because we don't have a valid e-mail address on file. PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. If you have any problems with logging in, click the “Contact Us” form to update your information and request a user account. Or call 512-495-9111.
Upon logging in, you will need to go to the “Online Training” tab. Use the pencil icon to select either PoliceOne or CorrectionsOne by placing a checkmark by the service requested. This will change the status from “No” to “Yes”. Make sure you have updated your CLEAT account to reflect your TCOLE PID and DOB, or you will not be able to receive TCOLE credit for classes you take.
Because we don’t have enough subscriptions for every member, we have adopted these guidelines for access and continued use:
1) Since the primary goal is to provide training to members with limited access to training, we reserve the right to grant access on case by case basis.
2) If we provide a member access to this service and the member fails to use the service for 60 days, then that subscription may be given to another member.
A wide range of TCOLE approved classes are available online, including the following mandatory and intermediate classes:
- Citizen Interaction (TCOLE 30418) (2 hours, MANDATORY)
Mandated by SB 30 during the last legislative session, TCOLE 30418 must be completed by every peace officer before January 1, 2020.
- State and Federal Law Update TCOLE 3185 (2017) (3 hours, MANDATORY)
- Intermediate Arrest, Search and Seizure - TCOLE 2108 (16 hours)
- Intermediate Asset Forfeiture- TCOLE 3255 (2 hours)
- Intermediate Child Abuse - TCOLE 2105 (24 hours)
- Intermediate Use of Force - TCOLE 2107 (13 hours)
- Intermediate Cultural Diversity - TCOLE 3939 (8 hours)
- Intermediate Human Trafficking - TCOLE 3270 (4 hours)
- Intermediate Identity Crimes - TCOLE 3277 (3 hours)
- Intermediate Racial Profiling - TCOLE 3256 (4 hours)
- Intermediate Special Investigative Topics - TCOLE 3232 (8 hours)
- Child Safety Check Alert List TCOLE 4068 (1 hour, Intermediate / Advanced)
If you have any questions, e-mail CLEAT training coordinator Chris Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org.