Membership in CLEAT is open to:
- Licensed Texas peace officers, including:
- Police officers or marshals employed by a municipality
- Deputy sheriff’s or constables
- Peace officers employed by the state, including those officers employed by DPS, TABC, TPW, AG, TCOLE or TDCJ.
- Police officers employed by a public or private institution of higher education
- Police officers employed by a school district
- Peace officers employed by other political subdivisions, including, transit police officers, or water district or authority police officers, district attorney investigators, arson investigators, or fire marshals.
- Reserve peace officers
- Full-time correction officers, detention officers, or county jailers employed by a political subdivision of the state
- CPS Special investigators and Police Liaison personnel
- Other full time public safety employees approved by the CLEAT board of directors, including
- Dispatchers, or other civilian law enforcement support personnel employed by a law enforcement agency administered by a Police Chief or Elected Official.
- Juvenile and Adult Probation Officers
- Federal Law Enforcement Officers stationed in Texas
Membership dues are $30 per month. A variety of payment options are available, including online payment via PayPal, electronic fund transfer from a checking or savings account, credit card, check or money order. In addition, many of our local affiliates offer payroll deduction as well.
To become a member, you can:
- Join online
- Request a Membership Packet , or
- Download an application (PDF format)
Mailed applications should be sent to:
CLEAT Administrative Office
400 West 14th Street, Suite 100
Austin, Texas 78701
Also, if you are a member of an affiliated local association you may contact your association for an application.Apply Online Print Application